June 4, 2010

Journaling...

Every day last school year, the children in Avery's class did a journal entry.  One of the teachers would ask each child a question (usually having to do with a holiday/season, a happening, or surrounding a word that began with the letter-of-the-week), record the answer, and have the child draw a picture having to do with their answer.


Here are some of my favorite entries from Avery's journal...

* I can make a worm from apples.

* Dinosaurs lived in...Dinosaurland

* Elephants eat...chicken.

* My favorite flavor of ice cream is...rose.

* My favorite lunch is...waffles.

* I can take deep breathes during quiet time.

* If I found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, I would...give it to my mommy.

* A sign of spring is...Witch Hazel.

* If I had x-ray vision, I would...want to see my lungs.


And my absolute favorite is...

* If I had a million dollars, I would...give it to a magician to turn it into a daisy to give to my mom.


Awww...

No comments:

Post a Comment