March 17, 2011

We were leprechauned!

On St. Patrick's Day, after I cooked dinner for Avery and Noel, I went to the bathroom to help them wash up before eating...and when we returned to the dining room, this is what we found...



All of their dinner was GREEN!




A sneaky leprechaun crept into our apartment while we were down the hall and changed all of their food to a playful shade St.-Patty's-Day green!



It was a fun little surprise, but I'm not sure how happy they were to be having green eggs for dinner...



THEN, while the kids were eating, I went into their bathroom to start running a bath for them.  I left the water running while I went back to the dining room to collect the kiddies for bath time, and when we went entered the bathroom, we saw it...



...a tub full of spring GREEN water!  The leprechaun had struck AGAIN!




This is the second year in a row that a leprechaun has played tricks on us on St. Patrick's Day...and it's a fun little tradition that we hope to keep!  See you next year, Chauny*!

*Chauny is the oh-so-imaginative name that Avery and Noel came up with for our little leprechaun friend.  Better than Lepre, I suppose...(though that name was also a consideration)...

No comments:

Post a Comment