February 18, 2009

Things I want to remember...

I want to remember...

...how Avery calls me "mother," but it actually sounds like "mudder."

...how after Noel does pretty much anything (e.g., stacks blocks, finishes a book, takes his shoes off, helps me stand up from a chair, etc.) he says, "Ta Da!"

...how Noel spontaneously gives hugs and kisses.  He'll walk up to Avery, arms outstretched, and say "hug!"  He'll walk over to me and Jeff, reach his arms up for us to pick him up, and, then, give us big, slimy kisses and back-patting hugs.

...how Avery and Noel crack each other up by blowing bubbles in their bath water.

...how Avery wants every night to be "family movie night."  And, really, so does Jeff...

...how when Avery is sick, she really wants to be better.  She always tells us how she is "still a tiny bit sick, but a big, big feel better."

...how, whenever Jeff, Noel, or I go somewhere, upon our return, Avery always says, "I miss-ted you!"

...how, even when our house is freezing cold, Avery will still only wear a short-sleeved dress (nightgown or other).  Fashion over function for that gal...

...how Noel always gives Avery hugs when she is upset.

...how Noel says the word "popcorn."  It sounds like "poe-kin."  And, boy, do we eat a lot of "poe-kin" in this house these days...

...the look on Noel's face when I open his bedroom door to get him up from a nap.  He always has the biggest smile on is face as he shouts, "Hi!"

...the look on Avery's face when she is dancing.  She looks so serious and proud and angelic...

1 comment:

  1. Such sweet children and sweet memories to remember. The tiny things that make our children so indearing are some of the best memories.

    ReplyDelete