March 11, 2009

I wonder why my kids have been sick all winter...




This video was taken at the Please Touch Museum.  Even though I LOVE the museum, I have a difficult time not freaking out about my kids being exposed to so many different germs during our visits.  I have to fight the urge to chase them around with hand sanitizer, and, instead, focus my energies on making them keep things (including their hands!) out of their mouths.  Not such an easy task when the play areas include play food, baby bottles, and toy thermometers...

Noel is particularly bad about putting things in his mouth...which is age-appropriate, I assume.  I can't tell you how many times I have had to say things such as, "Get your shoe out your mouth, Noel Shepherd!  Seriously, stop licking the window, buddy!  No biting the shopping cart handle, Noel!"  I know he is just using his mouth to explore his environment, but I think he's just about got it all mapped-out now...

I guess I can't blame him for putting his injured finger in his mouth, though.  Instincts are difficult to deny...

No comments:

Post a Comment