July 11, 2009

Thinking of mean things...

Okay, start by picturing two kids (who share a bedroom), in bed for the night but far from ready for sleep. Their parents have just left the room, and they are CRAZY…


Noel: “A-ry, A-ry, A-ry, A-ry, A-ry!”
Avery: “What, Noel?”

Noel: “A-ry, A-ry, A-ry, A-ry, A-ry!”
Avery: “What, Noel?”

Noel: “A-ry, A-ry, A-ry, A-ry, A-ry!”
Avery: “Okay Noel, if you keep saying my name but nothing else afterward, that’s teasing. Don’t tease me, Noel.”

Noel: “A-ry, A-ry, A-ry, A-ry, A-ry!”
Avery: “Noel, stop teasing me!”

Noel: “A-ry, A-ry, A-ry, A-ry, A-ry!”
Avery: “If you don’t stop teasing me, Noel, I am going to say the meanest thing I can think of to you.”

Noel: “A-ry, A-ry, A-ry, A-ry, A-ry!”
Avery: “Noel, you're not big, you're not growing, and you're not potty-trained!”

[pensive pause...]
Avery: “Okay, so that wasn’t so mean. I have to think of something meaner to say...”


And 20 minutes later, Noel is still at it. Poor Avery...

No comments:

Post a Comment