October 8, 2009

Things I want to remember (part 5): The Less-Than-Ideal Edition

Here is a list of some common "less-than-ideal" occurrences that I'm sure I'll miss later...

I (kind of) want to remember...

...how Noel flips and flails and attempts to drown himself in the bathtub. He began this practice as an infant but, for a while, became much more calm and safe while bathing. As of late, he's back to his old tricks. Now, instead of grinning at us while coughing and spewing injested bath water, he flashes us BIG smiles as he's staring up at us under two inches of tub water. Crazy, crazy boy...

...how Avery is always brutally honest.

"Momma, I think you need to brush your teeth. The smoke coming out of your mouth smells like dragon breath..."
"Daddy what is wrong with your hair? It looks kinda...weird or something."

...how if we drive up to our driveway, but instead of pulling straight in we position our car to back in, Noel freaks out because he thinks we're leaving again.

...how our Avery uses her monkey feet and toes to operate buttons and switches (to turn on the DVD player or roll down her window) in our car.

...how Noel swats and bats at every bite of food you attempt to feed him.

...how Avery screams and wails while I am (gently) brushing her hair each morning...unless, of course, the television is on during the process...then, surprisingly, there is no pain.

...how Avery thinks of several very important things to tell us after being tucked into bed each night.

...how Avery always says to me, as I'm singing along to songs while driving, "Momma, how about we listen to the music and not sing...okay?"

No comments:

Post a Comment