December 4, 2009

Friday's funny fortune...

Tonight, for our traditional Friday night dinner, we went to the "Red-and-Black Place" (a.k.a. Pei Wei Asian Diner...Avery's favorite restaurant) for "yellow chicken and brown rice" (a.k.a. honey-seared chicken with brown rice...Avery's favorite meal). It was a very yummy (and colorful) meal. After we had finished our dinners, we each got a fortune cookie. Jeff and I helped Avery and Noel open their cookies and read their fortunes to them. Then, it was our turn to eat our cookies. As I broke mine open, Noel grabbed my fortune and said, with a proud little smile on his face, "I read it to you, Momma, I read it to you." He oriented the small slip of paper in his hands, looked at it for a moment, and then said, "You are going to...eat a cookie." Jeff and I totally cracked up! He is such a smart and funny little guy...

No comments:

Post a Comment