February 15, 2010

Valentines...

These were Avery and Noel's valentines for this year...the ones they handed out at school, gave to neighborhood friends, and mailed to faraway cousins and buddies...


Avery's...


Avery's class typically gets lots of junk food when they have class parties, so I decided to try to find a non-sweet treat to go with her valentines. Avery was very excited to give her friends their very own pack of seeds to grow...and she can't wait to plant hers!



And, Noel's...


I had hoped to do a non-sweet treat for Noel's valentines, too...but the fact that I wanted the elephants' trunks to hold the treat really limited what I could use...so the trunks are wrapped around the stick of a lollipop. I probably should have just made the trunks longer and had the elephants hold the same seed packets I used for Avery's valentines. Oh well...at least they were organic lollipops!


We got the ideas for both valentines from Family Fun magazine's website, and I think they turned out to be really cute! Avery and Noel were more excited about handing out their valentines than receiving valentines from their friends. And, since that is the point of the holiday...mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment