First, we went to dinner at Giorgio on Pine in Center City. It was a restaurant recommended to Jeff by one of his co-workers, and it was really great. Seriously, the best marinara sauce I have ever had...and I have had LOTS of marinara sauce in my days. Oh, and super tasty bruschetta, too....
Then we headed over to the Academy of Music to see Spring Awakening. It was so good. Very entertaining. Wonderful music. It was a bit risque, and we were sitting next to a couple who brought their daughter to see the show...as a gift for her graduation from 8th grade. All the throat clearings, seat shiftings, and "oh my..." utterances were definitely added entertainment...
Our final stop of the night was at the Naked Chocolate Cafe. Yummy! Because I was such a glutton at dinner, I didn't have much room for dessert, but, just so I didn't hurt Jeff's feelings, I forced myself to partake in a Frozen Liquid Chocolate...with LOTS of whipped cream and chocolate flakes on top. Umm...delicious! The things I do for my husband...
It was such a terrific evening! It was so nice to feel comfortable with leaving our kids for the night (we love you, Lexie!) and get to spend some quality time together...doing fun stuff, too! I loved being able to focus all of my attention on my handsome husband (swoon!)...to have uninterrupted(!) conversations with him and walk around holding his(!) hand. It was a very happy birthday...
I'm pretty sure our kiddos had a great time, too. We came home to reports of pizza eating, game playing, dance partying...and a little girl fast asleep in her fluffy purple dance costume.
We should have date night more often...
Thanks for everything, boyfriend! I had a marvelous time!
No comments:
Post a Comment