February 1, 2012

It's like a dream come true...

Ever since receiving her doctor's kit for Christmas, Avery has been quite the little doctor.  She is always asking Jeff, Noel, and I to feign different injuries and diseases (like "Ewww-itis") so that she can "fix" us.

Tonight, at dinner, Noel drank too much milk too quickly, which caused him to have a (very temporary) tummy ache.  He was being all dramatic about his stomach pain--whining around and holding his middle--so Avery asked him if she could "doctor" him.  He quickly agreed and ran and jumped on her exam table (a.k.a. our couch).  Avery whipped her head around --to reveal to Jeff and I a look of utter joy--and exclaimed,

"My first REAL patient!  I am so excited!"


...and as she turned to run to her brother's bedside, she sweetly uttered under her breathe,

"It's like a dream come true..."


Drinking milk to the point of nausea...it's what dreams are made of...

No comments:

Post a Comment