January 23, 2009

Let the sunshine in...


I found this photo strip today.  It was made at the end of last summer, during our trip to Ocean City, New Jersey.  I, for some reason, have an obsession with photo booth photos (especially the old time-y, "wet chemistry" ones).  I pretty much can't pass up the opportunity to mark time with those four tiny, low-quality photographs...

Anyway, I found these photos...and the conjured memories of our time at the beach paired with the glorious weather we are having here today (it's all relative, I suppose...it's 45 degrees and SUNNY!...which, compared to what we have been experiencing, is GLORIOUS!) have made me long for warmer days.

Avery is longing, too.  Today when she got home from school, she started her usual routine of stripping down and putting her pjs back on, but paused mid-strip (after shedding her shoes, hat, mittens, and coat but before her sweatshirt, t-shirt, skirt, pants and socks were off).  She stood all slouched over, and with an exasperated look on her face said, "Urrgghh!  I don't like having to wear so many clothes!  When it is summertime again, I am not going to wear anything but my bathing suit...every single day...all day long!  I'm not even kidding..."  Sounds like a pool membership would come in handy for our bathing beauty...(let us off the waiting list Karakung Swim Club!)...

Noel shares our frustration with the cold weather.  He takes off running, shouting "No, no, no!" anytime he sees me coming with his coat.  Then, once it's on, he begins whining and repeatedly letting me know that he is "nnnnnnnnn stuck!" in it.  I guess I shouldn't tell him that we have three-or-so more months of coat-wearing to go, huh?

COME ON SUMMER!  Or spring, even.  We're willing to compromise...

2 comments:

  1. I love the photo booth photos.
    You should post one of the pictures that Kris took (old timey).
    It will be in the 40s the whole time you are in TN. We can go swimming at the Clarion and pretend that it is summer. Bring your suits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those old photo booths too. I'd really like one for my house! That would be cool for a gameroom...

    ReplyDelete