January 11, 2009

Pizza Feet

I'm not off to a great start with the whole blogging thing...or, at least, not off to a quick start.

My excuse?  (New Year's resolutions are always followed by a list of excuses as to why they are not happening perfectly, right?)  Avery and Noel have been sick.  Super sick.  Miserably sick.  Fortunately, though, I think they are on the mend...

So, now for our first real post...and, per Avery's request, it includes a video of her practicing her ballet moves.  Fancy, dance-y ballet moves.

Things to note during the watching of this video:

1) Avery is basically panting during her dance.  She is still pretty stuffy and was having trouble breathing.  But the show must go on...

2) Avery demands that the TV cabinet doors be open during her dance recitals.  She uses the TV screen as a mirror to watch herself dance.  You'll see her check-out her reflection several times throughout her performance.  Vain much?

3) There is a mid-performance freak-out (about 1:30 in).  A girl can only be serious for so long...

4) "Pizza feet" is what her dance teacher calls ballet's first position.  "Jumping pizza feet" is how a preschooler channels her energy into her artform.

Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce to you, our prima ballerina, Avery Lane...




(For some reason, when it imported, the video got cropped at the top and bottom.  It takes away from the fabulousness of the performance some, so I am trying to figure out how to fix this issue.  Until the problem is resolved, just imagine a few more inches of head with a large, white bow...)

3 comments:

  1. Please tell sweet Avery that her dance was absolutely lovely! I look forward to more performances! :)
    Videos of dancing...seems very familiar....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avery that is the best pizza feet position I have ever seem. You are a fabulous ballet dancer. The pink tu tu looks beautiful on you and makes your dancing extra special.

    ReplyDelete