January 16, 2009

She's such a daddy's girl...

Avery's "daddy's girl"-dom has reached a new level...

For the past few weeks, Avery's repeat button has been stuck on her saying (with her head tilted lovingly to the side, hands gently folded at her chest, eyes batting 100 miles-per-hour, and in the sweetest, singsong-y voice she can conjure), 

"When my daddy sings, my heart sings."  

She says this to me, to her dance teacher, to the guy who greets the children as they arrive at her school each morning, to random people in the grocery store...to anyone who will listen.  

I'm not really sure where that came from.  Jeff will admit that he is not a fabulous singer...and definitely not a critical-organ-influencing singer. He's not bad, by any means (and he is significantly more talented in that department than I am...but that's not saying much)...but, really?  His vocal stylings affect her so deeply that they cause her heart to sing?  She is so in love with him...

The first few times she made her declaration, I thought it was cute.  Now, after hearing it 9,732 times, I am having a difficult time preventing my eyes from rolling back in my head...

1 comment:

  1. ok,When her Daddy sings, her heart sings. She does love her Daddy. His voice is music to her ears. She also has him wrapped around her little finger.
    They say a girls first love is her father. This girl has a first love that returns the love she gives to him. She has such a big heart. She is a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete