September 22, 2009

Sucker!

On Sunday, the Giants played the night (8:30pm) game, so Jeff and I made sure to get the kids into bed in time for us to watch the game together. We put on our jerseys, fixed a fancy dinner (nachos), opened beers, and sat down to watch the game. We had watched a few minutes and taken a few bites, when Avery yelled for Jeff. He paused the game and headed to check on her. As he started up the stairs, he saw that she was standing behind the gate at the top.

Jeff: "What do you need, sweetie?"
Avery: [noticing that Jeff is wearing his Giants jersey] "Are you watching the Giants game? Without me?"
Jeff: [sounding as if he feels very "caught" and guilty] "Yeah...remember I told you that today's Giants game would be on after you and Noel were already in bed?"
Avery: "Are you and Momma eating supper?"
Jeff: "Yes."
Avery: [using her super sniffer to figure out what we are eating] "Are you having chips for supper?"
Jeff: "Umm...yeah...we're having nachos."
Avery: "I wish I could watch the Giants game and have chips for supper..."
Jeff: [his heart almost audibly breaking] "Hold on...I'll be right back..."

It was then that I knew that Avery and Noel would be joining us for the game. We got them up, put their jerseys on them, and let them watch a little bit of the game with us. And, of course, they had some chips...

1 comment:

  1. Avery told Logan and I about watching the Giant's game with her Mommy and Daddy and wearing a new Giants Jersey...too cute! Also, tried to comment on the "Mother day" slide show.....I got the chills when I first hit play. Great job Jeff. It reminded me from "Knocked up" the ending credits. I love your family blog what a great idea and what a great job you've done. Thanks for sharing. Amy

    ReplyDelete