January 2, 2012

Social networking in 2011...

*February 9, 2011
I am freaking out a bit...


*February 10, 2011
I just received the most bizarre compliment from my daughter..."Momma, I really like the size of your eyeball." Ummm...thanks?


*February 19, 2011
I hope someone buys "The White Castle" (our house) soon. Avery thinks she (apparently our house is a she) will be sad and lonely with no one living in her. I agree. Noel, on the other hand, just realized our house isn't going to GA with us..."But you said everything we own is going to Atlanta..." Technicalities, dear Noel...

*March 21, 2011
I am SO ready for today to be over...


*April 6, 2011
My daughter just said, "Mom, will you please have another baby so that Noel can see how frustrating it is to have a little brother!"


*May 9, 2011
Last night, as Noel was telling me about the picture that he drew for me for Mother's Day..."This is me, here, and that's you, there...the one with no arms and a clam head."


*May 14, 2011
Quote from Noel while he was doing a time-out: "Number one: I went outside without permission, number two: I touched the sticks I was told not to touch, number three: I was using the sticks to hit things inside the house...(sigh)...I do bad things like it's my job..."


*May 19, 2011
‎My kids just released two of the butterflies that they watched grow from caterpillars...and as the second one was flying off, a big bird swooped down and ate it! Glad the kids had stopped watching it at that point! We saved the other three for later...when the birds don't know they're coming...


*May 20, 2011
I love how my kids giggle each time we read the book "Are You My Mother?" “Oh, you are not my mother. You are a Snort." Gets them every time...


*May 22, 2011
Avery commiserating with me about the trouble I'm having getting Noel to go to bed for the night: "When Noel acts like he's acting now, it kinda makes me wish I didn't have ears..."


*June 1, 2011
Happy 9th Anniversary to my partner in life, Jeffrey Klick. I lurve you!


*June 7, 2011
HAPPY (4th!) BIRTHDAY to my sweet baby boy, Noel! We love you so much, buddy! I hope you don't wake up to be as big and grown up as you're expecting...


*July 12, 2011
Why are my children incapable of walking in flip-flops? 


*July 13, 2011
Why can't I get homeschooling out of my head?!?!


*August 4, 2011
My daughter's newest goal in life? To be on the "kiss cam" at a Braves game...


*August 30, 2011
I have to buy a RIDICULOUS amount of fruit each week to keep my little bats happy!


*October 20, 2011
Overheard during one of Avery's intense drawing sessions..."Oh man...how am I going to get pants on a turtle?"


*October 26, 2011
It's been a long time coming, but I think I can safely say that Avery's "princess phase" has officially ended. I'm happy and sad…


*November 8, 2011
Avery and Noel are playing together in the bathtub. She made "dinner" for him, and when he wouldn't "eat" it, she threatened: "If you don't eat all of that yummy dinner, I'm going to make you a big bowl of cat food mixed with dirty skank instead." I would start eating if I were him...


*November 11, 2011
Talent Avery possesses which she did not inherit from either of her parents #47: ability to learn and remember song lyrics


*December 5, 2011
I can no longer spend time with Stephanie Bible or William Dryse Bible, because I can’t remember my children’s names for the week (or so) afterward.  Avery and Noel aren’t very good at answering to “Stephanie” and “Dryse.”  Well, at least now they have good reason to ignore me…


*December 5, 2011
So, after my shower today (which FINALLY happened at 5:00pm), I brushed my wet hair…and, afterward (of course, AFTERWARD!), found that there was gum embedded in the bristles of my hairbrush.  Awesome.


*December 16, 2011
Avery: “Noel, when you grow up you need to be a polite young man…not a sloppy, annoying one with yucky words like you’re being right now.”  Ahhh, big sisters…


*December 30, 2011
Why do my kids dislike dust jackets (on books) so?  My house is littered with them right now…

No comments:

Post a Comment