On Sunday, we headed to Linvilla Orchards to visit Pumpkinland. Pumpkinland is an area of the orchards that is filled with a ton (actually 100 tons!) of pumpkins, a giant scarecrow, and lots of displays (made of scarecrows and pumpkins) of scenes from children's books, nursery rhymes, and Halloween stories. It also has hayrides, train rides, and straw bale and cornfield mazes. An annual trip to Linvilla's Pumpkinland seems to be a family tradition for most people in this area, so we have added a mid-October trek to the orchards to our list of family traditions, too.
Every year we go there, I am always excited to take photos of our child/children surrounded by the thousands of pumpkins on display. I imagine all of the wonderful shots I'll get with the beautiful background of vibrant orange orbs. Unfortunately, I never get good pictures of them there. I take more than a hundred photos each year and get very few keepers...and none of them are great. I don't know what it is...I guess they are just too excited. They want to walk around and check things out...and, apparently, NOT sit on a pile of pumpkins and smile for their Momma.
Here are the only share-worthy photos from this year's trip to Pumpkinland...
It was a beautiful fall day, and the kids had a great time exploring. They each picked a small pumpkin to take home and paint, and we ended our trip with apple cider doughnuts. Yummy! We're looking forward to visiting again next fall...and even though, at this point, I recognize it's a practice in futility, I'll probably bring my camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment