November 20, 2009

It's fall, ya'll...let's paint pumpkins!

As I mentioned in the last post, Avery and Noel each got to bring home a pumpkin from Linvilla Orchards to paint. Our kids love doing any craft project, so we thought this would be a fun, seasonal activity for them.

As you can see, Avery was very excited...



We got them all set up on the dining room table and let them get to work. Avery jumped right in...



...while Noel took a few minutes to warm up to the process.



But "warm up" he did...




While Jeff and I were waiting for them to complete their "masterpiece" (Noel) and "centerpiece" (Avery), we had some fun with our camera...



Noel recognized we were distracted and decided to take advantage of the situation. The next time we looked over at him, he looked like this...



...which he thought was hilarious...



While I was trying to find something to use to clean Noel up, Avery decided to join in the fun...



I, being somewhat of a neat freak, wanted to stop this game before more damage was done, but talked myself into letting them have their fun..."messes can be cleaned...messes can be cleaned...messes can be cleaned." Really, I was laughing too hard to stop them.


So, they painted...



...and Daddy painted...



...until they ended up looking like this...



Thank God for washable paint...

No comments:

Post a Comment