The downfall of having lots of beautiful trees on our property is that lots of trees lose lots of leaves. Seriously...LOTS. Every fall we have days of raking to do to get all of the leaves to the curb for our township's leaf removal day. Usually we forget about the date until the day before, and we scurry to do a mediocre job of pushing our leaves to the road...and we're grouchy through the whole process. This year, however, we planned ahead. We gave ourselves two weekends to get the job done and decided to make it a fun, family project. In actuality, the kids only helped us for a very small amount of time, but they did a good job of entertaining themselves (and each other) while Jeff and I worked.*
*And by "worked," I mean W.O.R.K.E.D! We were SO sore for days after the task was completed...having used muscles I didn't even realize contributed to movements performed while raking. Ouch. Seriously...OUCH.
So, Avery and Noel raked...
...and played...
...and jumped.
Jeff and I jumped, too*...
*Again with the "ouch." Seriously...OUCH.
Another fun game...
Whoa...look at this giant pile of leaves...
The big scare...
Leaf raking /blowing 101 looks like a great family time. I am not so sure that the sorness came from moving the leaves as much as maybe the pain of landinhg in the pile of leaves. The superman flight and the cannon ball jump into the leave pile could have jared the sorness into your bones. Way to go on making a dreaded task into fun.
ReplyDeletebtw I was so scared when Elizabeth jumped out of the lead pile........not. I love you guys.
ReplyDeleteHAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!