The Atlanta Botanical Garden decorated for the holidays! This year was the first year of their "Garden Nights, Holiday Lights" extravaganza of lights, so, of course we had to check it out...
It was a pretty chilly night, so we bundled everybody up, packed some warm blankets, loaded up the Radio Flyer, and filled our thermos with hot cocoa. Jeff and I actually had debated about whether we should bring the wagon or not...he argued that our kids are old enough to walk during our entire visit...and I suggested that they were going to be super whiney about having to walk because they would be so cold. After a bit of back-and-forth, we put the wagon in our van (Ha-HA! I WON!) and were on our way.
Here are the kiddos, all cozy-schmozy...
Jeff eventually (though begrudgingly) admitted that I was right (and that I'm a wonderfully awesome and thoughtful mother)...especially since everyone we passed commented on my terrific idea. Seriously, EVERYONE had something to say about our cute kiddos all snuggly warm in the wagon. To be fair, soon after we took the above photo, we strung a string of (battery-operated) colored twinkle lights on the wagon's wooden railing...so that probably drew a bit of attention and conjured some comments. But bringing the blankets and wagon was a great idea...
Hot chocolate time!
Waiting in line to see the Avatar-ish-ly lighted Orchid Display House...
We were (glowingly!) happy to share this fun experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment