In my stocking this Christmas, I got four tickets to see the (extremely popular!) production of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" at the Center for Puppetry Arts here in Atlanta. I really wanted to take the kids to see that show, but I found out about it too late to purchase tickets for this season's showings (apparently it sells out months in advance). Luckily Santa hooked us up!
We got to see the show on the final day it was open...New Year's Eve! It was SO great! I have always been so amazed and impressed by puppetry. At the end of the show, the puppeteers came out and showed how they worked each of the puppets from the show. It was fascinating...my favorite part of the experience, for sure!
After the show, the kids got to make their own Rudolph shadow puppets. They had so much fun!
They even had a light screen set up so that the kids could try out their new creations. Such a nice touch...
Before taking off, we toured the Jim Henson Special Exhibitions. Big Bird, The Swedish Chef, Cookie Monster, and so much more! That tour, alone, was worth the trip to center...
We will definitely be going back for another show...perhaps Peter Pan this spring (our kids will be SO excited!)...

No comments:
Post a Comment